The ESG Summit
13 October 2022 – Croke Park, Dublin
Welcome from the morning Chair
Entrepreneur and Broadcaster
ESG LEADERS’ PANEL: ESG leadership:
ESG’s significance for business leaders
ESG and what business leaders need to know.
Chief Sustainability Officer, CIÉ Group
Director of Strategy and Sustainability, Microsoft
C.Dir., CEO, Stonehouse Marketing Ltd and Chairman, Repak
Sustainable Finance Director, PwC Ireland
Trends shaping the future of ESG
ESG trends: Best practice responses from companies
Our panel discusses the strategies, initiatives and tactics that listed companies can use to respond to investor expectations:
- How mature are organisations with their ESG strategy?
- Learn about the underlying drivers shaping the future of ESG
- Why data is vital to show investors that you are compliant
- What activities are companies undertaking to help provide information on the most relevant sustainability and corporate governance issues that investors are focused on?
- Understand how investor relations and sustainability teams can work together to create more effective investor engagement
- Discover what has worked, what hasn’t and why
Chief Sustainability and Investor Relations Officer, Bank of Ireland
ESG and Risk Manager, NTR plc
Director Corporate Development and Sustainability, IRES REIT plc
Aligning investment markets with sustainability objectives
ESG and Access to Investment
Head of ESG Advisory, Goodbody
Investor perspectives on key ESG issues: Why climate risk matters to investors
- How do investors integrate ESG data into their investment decision-making?
- Why do sustainability outcomes matter to investors?
- How does this point of view impact stock valuations and selection processes in reality?
- How can corporate CFOs and finance teams better articulate the business case for sustainability-related investments to their investors?
- How have SFDR and other regulatory initiatives re-shaped the European ESG fund landscape?
Faye Walsh Drouillard
Founder & General Partner, WakeUp Capital
Head of Retail Distribution Ireland, Amundi
Head of Responsible Investment, Irish Life Investment Management
FIRE SIDE CHAT:
Green Washing or Green Blushing? How should companies communicate their sustainability actions?
Many organisations are struggling with how to talk about and communicate their sustainability actions for fear of a greenwashing backlash. So how should businesses communicate what they are doing and how can they do so authentically?
Co-Lead, the Havas Genus Sustainability Network
Supply chain sustainability
Reducing Scope 3 emissions and embedding sustainability across your supply chain
- Scope 3 and the supply chain: How businesses are taking sustainability leadership to a new frontier
- Understand the need to manage and account for Scope 3 emissions to effectively transition to net zero
- Learn how your business can reduce scope 3 emissions through collaborations with key stakeholders and responsible partnerships
- What regulatory drivers are influencing ESG due diligence in supply chains?
CEO, Pulse Market
Senior Consultant, ESG & Sustainable Procurement, Turner & Townsend
Sustainability Director, Ornua
1:45pm – 2:35pm
Roundtable discussions: Thematic roundtables are 50 -minute-long interactive discussions in small groups. Moderated by seasoned industry experts and practitioners, this is your chance to join insightful discussions to share experiences and get new and actionable ideas from peers and experts.
Select one table to attend:
What do boards need to know about ESG
This discussion focusses on the board’s evolving role in ESG: * Shaping your ESG message and tailoring it to your story
- The importance of ESG training and knowledge for directors and senior management
- Q&A during your AGM: Preparing management to answer ESG related questions
- How to prepare your board for upcoming issues
Dr. Celine McInerney
independent non-executive director, climate finance, sustainability and ESG expert
Measuring the “S” and “G” in ESG
- Defining S and G
- Focusing on S and G
- How to collect, aggregate and measure S and G data
- Regulation: S and G reporting and disclosure
- Balancing E with S and G
Investment & ESG consultant, co-founder Green Team Network
CEO, Irish Backing Culture Board (IBCB)
How to embed ESG in your business operations
- ESG factors and business drivers
- Practical steps to implementing ESG
- What practical steps can business leaders follow in order to convert their ambitions into concrete initiatives?
Managing Director & Principal Consultant, Blue Planet
ESG data collection, management & reporting: The importance of providing accurate ESG metrics to your stakeholders
- Why is ESG data important?
- Integrating ESG and financial reporting
- ESG data assurance
- ESG software platforms
- Supplier engagement for sustainability data and policies
- Understanding ESG ratings and scores
- The future of ESG data
Sustainability Manager , Cairn Homes
CEO, Clearstream Solutions
ESG for SMEs: How to start your net-zero journey
- How to get started with ESG reporting
- What are the latest ESG trends and main challenges SMEs face in transitioning to net-zero
- How can banks and investors support SMEs on the journey towards sustainability
- Accessing sustainable finance
Head of Foundation and Sustainable Business, Vodafone Ireland
ROUND TABLE TAKEAWAYS:
Round up discussion with the roundtable moderators